If you look in Genesis 2:7 KJV “And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living soul” How beautiful is that, God Created man from dust, in His image. How amazing is that he made man from dust. Then God tells Adam where his land is in the garden of Eden and had him keep up and eat of the land, it was plentiful, but not of the tree of good and evil. Read in Genesis 2: 18 NIV “And the Lord God said, It is not good that man should be alone, I will make a helper suitable for him” So God had formed all of the animals out of the ground and brought them to Adam to name them. This is a key roll for Adam,. God made Adam in His image so in naming all the animals on the earth, Adam had dominion over them. But after all of this, there was still no suitable helper for Adam.. Read in Genesis 2:21-22 NIV “So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep: and while he was sleeping he took one of the man's ribs and closed up the place with flesh. 22 Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man and he brought her to the man” So God made man and woman in His image. So when we say to/about ourselves “I'm fat, ugly, I'm not good enough etc.” Aren't we really saying that about our creator God, since he created us in His image.. So all those nasty, ugly, down right awful things we say about ourselves, try putting God in front of it. It would look like this God is ugly, God is fat, God is not good enough. That's a tough one to swallow right.... God is our creator, He created us in His image, He created the heavens and earth, every living thing on this earth. God is awesome, righteous, all mighty, powerful, our creator, merciful, just, loving, forgiving, the same today, yesterday and forever.
- Will we think before we say something negative about ourselves or others?
- Will we teach our kids it's not nice to say mean things about ourselves or others?
- Will we make the step to change from the ways of the world or will we continue to be like the world?
Things to do:
- Pray that God will change your heart to be more like his and to be content with the way God made you.
- Pray for those people that say negative things about you,(your enemies) because you may never know what their day has been like or what is hiding in their heart. They may be feeling some hurt from someone saying the same thing about them....
Something to think about:
- When someone says a nice thing about you and in return we say I'm fat, ugly, not good enough, no I'm not. We are rejecting them and rejecting God because God is our creator, our giver of life, our Father in Heaven. We are not promised tomorrow so make something of today!